• Observe stars and planets under the clear night sky near Volcano El teide.
• Discover the night sky as you've never seen it before in Tenerife.
• Visit El Teide volcano, the Earth's third-tallest volcanic structure.
Liability insurance and accident insurance.
English/Spanish speaking professional hiking guide
Transport (Meeting point: El Portillo visitor center car park)
• Jacket, long pants
• closed shoes
• Water (about 2 L / pers)
• Sandwich, fruit, dried fruit, cereal bar
• To be friendly and have fun
Hours may change. In the case of modification, you will be announced 24 h before the hike.
Starting time depends because of the season. There are different starting times at Summer than at Winter.
Although most think of Tenerife as a popular beach spot, the island is also an astronomer’s dream.
Tenerife full of amazing places to discover, but Teide National Park in the middle of the island still manages to be one of the most picturesque locations in the whole Canary island. El Teide volcano is far removed from any large city, meaning that the skies above it are perfect for viewing planets, stars, satellites.
In 2014 Tenerife became a starlight tourist destination, awarded by the Starlight Foundaion as thanks to the low light pollution we can see clearly also the Milky Way which is a job that requires very dark skies but very little optical aid.