• Learn about the area from your experienced guide.
• Enjoy endless photo opportunities in the Los Arcos Ravine.
• Admire one of the most unique landscapes in Tenerife..
Helmet, harness, and canyoning equipment
Liability insurance and accident insurance.
English/Spanish speaking professional canyoning guide
• Trainers (to be used in the canyon and the walk back).
• Water (about 2 L / pers)
• Sandwich, fruit, dried fruit, cereal bar
• To be friendly and have fun
Not suitable for:
• Pregnant women
• People with back problems
• People with mobility impairments
Do not have altitude sickness, heart problems or hypertension. The hike requires some prep and/or good athletic condition.
Minimum age for the activity: 14 years.
Hours may change. In the case of modification, you will be announced 24 h before the hike.
If there is one thing about Tenerife that makes travellers come back is the amount of unspoilt places.
Barranco de los Arcos is one of the most attractive canyons for the local canyoners of the island and also for travelers.
It is a very exciting adventure for lovers of geology and this sport. Los Arcos ravine is located in the north part of Tenerife, very close to La Orotava at an altitude of 1.000 meters above see level.
Barranco de los Arcos is a dry canyon, this means it doesn't have a flow of water along the way. It is an adventurous way to explore the canyons which involves working your way through the bed of a dry ravine.
The day starts with a hike of around 3 km in the pine forest till you arrive to the entrance of the ravine. You will do 9 rappels and several descents on a very unique terrain. The descent wil finish in Choza Chimoche from where you will head back to the parking. The walk will take about 30 minutes.